Monday, January 4, 2010

Zeplin the pest

*Warning* Lengthy and photo rich post ;-)

I looked out my window the other morning (before my camera declared itself on strike) and observed what seemes to be a rather common occurrence when it comes to my goofy gelding and the head mare, Jazzy.

I've mentioned before that Zeplin is an instigator. He loves to attempt to initiate play with the girls, even if they aren't receptive to his overtures.

Jazzy tends to be extremely lazy and won't move if she doesn't feel the need. I suppose Zeplin takes that as a challenge. What can I do to make Jazzy follow through on her threats to me? he thinks.

Jazzy was minding her own business, standing next to the house to keep out of the wind. She was probably also searching for grain that had spilled the prior evening during feeding (When it's this cold out I just call them to the front step and put their feedbags on from there. Yes, I suffer from my own touch of lazy. Hey, why not if I can do it? :-P). Zeplin moseyed on up to her, looking innocent.

Jazzy ignored the Spotted Boy Wonder as he approached. Zeplin deliberately reached his muzzle out and nipped at her cheek. Jazzy was nonplussed, but tried to keep her peace.



Zeplin persisted and Jazzy's ire increased. She pinned her ears back and grabbed for the annoying gelding's neck. Her feet remained planted and Zeplin merely avoided her grasping teeth. By now, Caly was observing the scene with pinned ears of her own.





Zeplin didn't seem to be deterred at all. He continued pestering Jazzy relentlessly.







In spite of Jazzy's efforts, Zeplin remained steadfast in his determination to rile her.





 Jazzy finally made Zeplin move his front feet...UP!


However, the Problem (aka Zeplin) still wasn't going anywhere!

Time for drastic measures!




She was moving! She really meant it!

Mouth opened wide...



...CHOMP!!!


Ok, I'm going, I'm going!!


Jazzy could finally relax...



...Don't you start anything Caly!! I've had enough!
Jazzy was understandably irritable.


Caly decided to split...but look who is coming back!


I'm warning you, Boy!! You better not come close!





It took ONE...




...TWO...




...THREE kicks...



..for the Problem to finally settle his interests elsewhere.


Boys!!

0 comments: