Friday, January 29, 2010

Baltic Bon Vivant

My best friend Julie (of Reinbow Valley Farm) is trying to reduce her herd numbers, so I thought I'd promote her Swedish Warmblood mare Vivian (Baltic Bon Vivant) on my blog for her. Vivian was born in 2004 and inspected/ approved/ hip-branded by SWANA in 2005. She's a very solidly built mare and an easy keeper. Here is her Warmbloods for Sale ad. There is a video of her on Julie's website.

Vivian is a wonderful mare. I feel honored to have been just the second person to ride her. Even though I'm far from the most experienced equestrian, Vivian took care of me.

Vivian's sire is the SWANA registered, Grand Prix Dressage stallion, L.A. Baltic Sundance. Here is his information on the SWANA website.
L.A. Baltic Sundance, Swedish Warmblood stallion

Vivian's dam was Julie's dressage mount until she was injured and became unrideable. Ursala McMajor was a grey Thoroughbred mare, built like a tank.
Ursala McMajor, Thoroughbred mare

When my sister and her family came to visit, my three year old niece rode in front of Julie on her trusty mount, Vivian. Vivian has been on numerous trail rides. She has packed around children and inexperienced riders. She has also been used to pony my Caly girl when I was trying to get Caly to go down the road for the first time under saddle. She is very responsive and ready for low level dressage competition. She has also been schooling some higher level dressage moves. Here are some more pictures of this awesome mare.
Adorable baby Vivian

Vivian after inspection and branding

Our friend Deb riding Vivian in Sept 2009

My niece Sammie in front of Julie, Sept 2009

Me, driving Vivian July 2009

Pony rides on Vivian and Kate, July 2009

Julie and Vivian at Cunningham Lake, Aug 2009

I had better stop or I'll be posting pictures of Vivian all day! So if you know anyone looking for a talented dressage (or jumping) candidate with a solid educational base, this is your lady! Contact Julie or send me a message for more information.

0 comments: