Saturday, January 23, 2010

A tragic end...

... to the shittiest week of my life. I had my beautiful, sweet Caly euthanized yesterday. She cut her left rear pastern clear through the tendon sheath and into the tendon in a pasture accident (I haven't figured out exactly where/how yet). I can't write much about this now, the pain is still too fresh and raw. I just wanted to make note of the date so that I would never forget it.

Thanks to Janet and Chuck for helping me get Caly to the clinic and staying with me through the heartbreaking desicion. The staff at the Nebraska Equine Veterinary Clinic was wonderful.

I especially want to thank Julie for leaving work to be with me and say her own goodbyes to my gorgeous bay mare. I know you loved her just as much as I did, Julie, and I know you are hurting, too.

Rest in peace, my wonderful Caly girl.

Calypso (Caly) July 31, 2006 - January 22, 2010

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh I am so very sorry!!! She was a gorgeous girl. Big hugs from Kansas....

Krazy Cindy said...

Thank you, Jessie. I wish you could've met her, she was stunning in the flesh, and such a sweetheart. It's going to take a long time for me to even look at her picture without hurting.

Congratulations on the Eddie baby! At least there is still a lot to appreciate and look forward to in the world. I hope to hear your boy made it back home safe and sound very soon (this weather is horrible).

Jessie said...

It's so hard to lose them because they give us so much. I'm hesitant to even breed Eddie again, although I'm sure I will, just because it's so common to lose the babies. My heart just isn't ready for that quite yet.

Thanks so much about Merlot. She's his first in a couple of years now and what a return :) I'm very proud of her. Can't wait for Eddie to get here. We're supposed to get snow Wed, so hopefully they can get him here before that hits!