Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A woman can dream, can't she?

very horse person has her "dream horse," or horses as the case may be. I love so many different breeds for different reasons, and I would love to own at least one of each. Oh how many horses I would have if that were the case! Some horses I think are gorgeous, but I doubt I will ever be able to afford one. Take for instance the Friesian. Who wouldn't love a gorgeous jet black horse with a long flowing mane and tail and thick feathers on each foot? Just look at this guy:

(From Rolling Ridge)
Or these beautiful horses from Camelot Farms in TN:


I could stare at pictures of them all day. However, quality Friesians come with a hefty price tag, so I don't see any of them entering my life any time soon.

Iberian horses such as the Andalusian and the Lusitano (which until not too long ago were actually one and the same breed) are also breathtaking. These are some fine examples, although I am not sure who the horses are so I can't give credit:




I'm drooling all over my keyboard!

I've always been a huge fan of one of the oldest pure breeds in the horse world, the Arabian. I have mentioned the one purebred I used to own and the two part-breds I have currently. A favorite stallion would have to be Khemosabi, one of the top sires of all time.

What a kind eye he had. Or take the Polish-bred stallion still breeding today, Emanor. Phenomenal!

I love the Arabian crosses as well, and I dream of someday owning a buckskin Morab (Morgan x Arab cross). There are some very fine Morgan stallions out there who could possibly sire the baby I want someday. *Sigh* always someday, when I have the money and the resources. Just look at this beautiful palomino Morab stallion, a wonderful example of this cross (SAX Gold Dust--Morgan sire, Arab dam):

This buckskin Morgan stallion is gorgeous (from Old Growth Oak Morgans)!! I wonder how he would do as my Morab's sire?

I'm sure I'll have more to add to this topic at a later date. There are sooooo many breeds that I just love! I haven't even touched on any of the Warmbloods, or the gaited horses, or the pony breeds, or...

Someday.

0 comments: