Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

This post will be a break from the usual kraziness that is me. I decided I'd like to share one of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes. No matter our personal differences, one thing I can say about my mom is that she has always prepared fantastic food. I'm not sure where she found this recipe, but we (my brothers and sisters and I) LOVE it.

With all of the heavy, rich foods prepared for a traditional Thanksgiving meal, this year try skipping the thick cranberry sauce and try this refreshing recipe instead (photos once again borrowed from other sites):

CRANBERRY RELISH

Wash all ingredients thoroughly then throw in food processor:

1 pound cranberries

2 apples, cored and cut into chunks (I think the crispy, slightly sweet varieties work best)

2 oranges, including rinds, cut into chunks

 1 lemon, including rind, cut into chunks (can substitute 2 Tbsp lemon juice)

Chop all ingredients together, then add 3/4 c. sugar

Enjoy! I think it tastes best after being chilled for awhile to allow the flavors to blend. You can make extra and freeze whatever is left for another day. My oldest brother, Ed, loves to eat it still partially frozen.

The ghosts of turkeys past

0 comments: