Monday, December 21, 2009

Photographing the critters

I don't claim to be the world's best photographer, but I do try to capture the essence of each animal's character as much as possible. Sometimes this can be extremely difficult, especially with overly friendly ponies. Let's take Zeplin, for instance.

Hey, fuzzball, look at me! Yes, let's capture your GOOD side so that you don't look so much like something the cat coughed up.

You've seen the camera a million times!! No, you can't eat it! I just want a nice head shot.

Yes, Zep, you do have a pretty eye, but I want your whole face!

Closer, boy, but still not what I'm going for (nice forelock, by the way).

Ok, now I've gotten both eyes. Will you cooperate, boy?

Well, I guess this is as good as it's gonna get in the winter with my dirty, hairy boy. Caly on the other hand...

...Well, this girl loves to pose. "Did you get my good side, Mom?"

Jazzy is rather indifferent. "Go ahead and take my picture if you must."

Still, she looks like she's smiling, to me!

This is Jazzy's "bad" eye. I think she still has quite a bit of vision in this eye, though.

I just love this picture of Jazzy's face. I think it captures the softness and trust in her eye. She really is a sweetheart!

"Can't leave me out, Mom!" says Quimby. She gets sooooooo jealous if I pay too much attention to the horses and not enough to her :-)

"Look, Mom, I can lick the top of my nose with my tongue!! Can the horses do THAT? Huh? Can they?"

Quimby always has a comment about EVERYTHING.

Molly the goat looks about as round as she is tall this time of year.

Of course, the indoor pets aren't immune to "capture by camera:"

You better watch out, you better not cry/ Better not pout, I'm telling you why... because otherwise Santa will sic LASER CAT on you!! Is that what you want? Yeah, didn't think so.

Kit Kit does not look particularly thrilled at having her photo taken. Chyornee was lucky and escaped the round of pictures... this time!!

0 comments: