Sunday, July 25, 2010

New friends and adventures

This summer has been absolutely miserable for riding (although I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone that!). Either it's pouring rain or the combination of heat and humidity drive us sweating and dripping back into the air conditioning within just a few minutes of being outside.

Poor Quimby has been very tolerant of staying in an apartment for now, instead of outside and free all day. She doesn't get a lot of walking right now, because I can't tolerate the unbearable weather for long stretches at a time. This morning, my air conditioning unit gave out. I can't wait until my house sells and I can find a house here so that I'm not feeling so caged. I think I've gained quite a bit of weight, I'm just afraid to step on the scale!

I've made a wonderful new friend named Jane. Jane lives not far from my apartment (less than a mile by distance, but I have to go a little out of the way to cross the river). Jane has three extremely well kept and very lovely horses. Destie is a 6 year old Tennessee Walker gelding. He reminds me quite a bit of my own (very much missed) Zeplin.
Then there is Czar, the 26 year old Arabian stallion (very cute little guy):
Here he is, waiting for his lady, the extremely lovely and sweet 12 year old Arab mare, Duchess:
I have to apologize for the poor quality of the second pic. My old camera died, so I've been using the limited capabilities of my new work camera phone. I didn't take the third picture with it, Jane sent me that one!

I still have so many stories to tell, just from this year. Bear with me, I'm not done yet!

0 comments: